Monday, February 23, 2009

jet lagged

I just returned from ten fantastic days in London and Paris.  It was a last minute trip that we couldn't resist when we saw the price of tickets ($350 roundtrip!).  

So here I am, up at 3am, keeping my fingers crossed that toddler jet lag soon subsides and we can go back to sleeping through the night.  Oh, that will be a sweet day indeed.

It was a great trip; we basically ate our way through Paris.  The french know how to cook - crepes, croissants, baguettes, 350 kinds of cheese, soup, stews, salads, sandwiches... I didn't want to leave. And the best part?  We walked miles and miles every day, so all guilt was erased.

And I am feeling inspired.  The food was so simple and satisfying, I am going to try to recreate some of our favorites... and if it's good, I'll be sure to share.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back! You were missed. Can't wait to see the French inspired recipes you come up with!

ChristineM said...

Welcome back! Everyone I know has said the same thing about Paris! Looking forward to some trip-inspired recipes!

Unknown said...

Oh, by the way, I've nominated you for the Blogging with a Purpose award. Come visit my blog for the details.