Sunday, November 2, 2008

i promised you chocolate...


Okay, so this might not be classified as "healthy" but it is most definitely healthier than any frosting you are going to find on the shelf. Have you ever read the labels on those little jars? Trans fats, hydrogenated oils, and a bunch of other indecipherable ingredients that don't make me feel very good about putting it in my mouth (though it is incredibly tasty)... So this is my go-to chocolate frosting that is super easy and I promise tastes better than anything in a little plastic tub.


The Best Chocolate Frosting
2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
6-7 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
6 tablespoons butter, softened (not quite to room temperature)
5 tablespoons non-fat evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sift sugar and cocoa together and set aside.
Cream butter with electric mixer.
Gradually beat in sugar mixture, alternating with evaporated milk.
Beat in vanilla and continue mixing until fluffy.

Mmmmm... chocolate. It doesn't get any better. See how I made it healthy by putting it on some fruit? But don't be fooled, I ate cake.

No comments: